Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Fun: Lovin' the Summer Texans

Before heading out for a day in the field, I thought I'd share recent photos of some of my favorite Summer Texans...

The Barn Swallow:



The male Boat-tailed Grackle:



The female Boat-tailed Grackle and her beautiful mustard coloring:



The Great Blue Heron, elegant and always watchful:



The Purple Gallinule, arriving on the Texas coast to let us know summer is just around the corner:



The female Red-winged Blackbird, living with the false reputation of being one big sparrow:


And my childhood favorite, that every Texan should recognize, the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher:



May all your days be birdy days!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I no longer accept Anonymous Comments. Please use your Google account to sign in and leave a comment.