Thursday, November 14, 2013

Brazoria Birding, Burger & Beer

I spent a good bit of today birding the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge.  Cool temps and sunny skies made for a picture perfect day in the field.  The day gifted me with some 11.0 GBs of photos to review, development or delete (the not so picture perfect ones).

A quick look at the small JPEGs (companions to the large RAW images I shoot) let me know that I’m going to have some fun developing these photos.  But not tonight; this gal is tired.  I’ll look forward to posting a series of photos in the coming days.  This refuge is the winter home to a diverse community of my feathered friends.  And today they were out and about.
With this quick post, I wanted to share one photo from today:  a Marsh Wren, the more introverted and reclusive cousin of the Carolina Wren.  Although not the best photo from today, I am pleased that this photo shows that I’m getting a bit better at grabbing focus within a complex setting:

 


Today was a really good one:  birding a lesser known wildlife refuge (and yes it does have “his and hers” flushing toilets); enjoying a Texas-sized fall day; and stopping for a favorite beer and burger on my way home. 
And if that wasn’t enough to say: Great Day!  How about this:  check out the comment I received from Jerry Liguori, author of “Hawks from Every Angle” regarding yesterday’s blog post “Smith Point Hawking”. 

And tomorrow?  More hawk photos to figure out!  (not to mention sparrows)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I no longer accept Anonymous Comments. Please use your Google account to sign in and leave a comment.