Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Best Marsh Wren and the Dear, Dear Friend

I have a dear, dear friend driving into town today to spend the afternoon and evening with me.  I’ve been like a kid this week, so excited about today you'd think I was waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve night. 

We will have a fun gal-pal kind of day:  driving about town, maybe a bit of shopping (if I remember how and where), dinner out at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, and some local bluegrass music to boot.

So I thought I’d post one photo today, contrasting yesterday’s best-worst photos from my Thursday daytrip to Brazoria NWR. This photo is the best of my Marsh Wren photos from that day. 
These marsh-loving feathered friends are usually terribly shy, letting me hear more than I see.  But yesterday I got to watch this pretty one come out from hiding, seeming to greet me with a “Like your hat!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I no longer accept Anonymous Comments. Please use your Google account to sign in and leave a comment.